Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Veterans Holiday Celebrations at WLA
- 4,000 Vets Enjoy a Holiday Celebration with plenty of food, appreciation and special entertainment performance by Jim Belushi and The Sacred Hearts Band.
- Flu Vaccines Now Available!
- Veterans and Staff can now receive their annual flu vaccination. Walk-ins available from 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday at all VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System facilities.
- Expanding Access to Healthcare for Santa Maria Vet
- The Santa Maria Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be expanding their clinic with a 3500-square-foot addition that is dedicated to caring for homeless Veterans in the Santa Maria area.
- VA Dental Insurance Program - VADIP
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have the opportunity to purchase dental insurance coverage at a reduced cost through Delta Dental and MetLife.
- Free BBQ and Concert
- Veterans, Military Members and Families are invited to a FREE Texas Style BBQ and concert featuring Sugar Ray on Nov. 9, at the Wadsworth Theatre at the West Los Angeles Medical Center.
- Construction Project Benefitting Homeless Veterans
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System officials recently toured the construction site of Building 209, a Therapeutic and Supportive Residence for Veterans. The renovation project reaches the 6-month mark on July 25.
- We have a New Look!
- We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome. Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- Veterans…Get the Healthcare You Deserve
- Get enrolled in VA Healthcare! Greater Los Angeles Veterans, take full advantage of the health care benefits you’ve earned. Charles Green, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Associate Chief of outreach can help you understand your health care entitlements.
- Groundbreaking Benefitting LA Homeless Veterans
- VA hosts groundbreaking ceremony at the West LA Medical Center for a project benefitting LA homeless Veterans on Jan. 25. Once renovation is complete, Building 209 will serve as a therapeutic and supportive residence for chronically homeless Veterans.
- Innovation in Treatment
- GLA is at the forefront of many mental health treatment innovations. One such innovation in treatment delivery is the integration of mental health into the primary care setting.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans Can Now Track Delivery of Prescriptions
- A VA employee thought if he could track the delivery of his gifts online, why not make it possible for Veterans to track the delivery of their prescriptions the same way? Now, they can.
- Veteran Survived the Battle of the Bulge
- Seventy years ago this month, stubbornly brave American soldiers fought the Battle of the Bulge. Arthur Berkowitz, 91, was one of them. He recalls the battle and a bullet that later shattered his knee.
- Objective: Help improve health care for Veterans
- Over 300,000 Veterans have joined the Million Veteran Program, a partnership between VA and Veterans to establish a database of information which may lead to preventing and treating illnesses in Veterans.
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress during the Holidays
- Holidays should be about family, friends and fun. But what about all those demands and deadlines? Here are some tips to help Veterans and their families manage all that stress, now and all year long.
- USS Arizona Survivor Recalls Pearl Harbor Attack
- Lonnie Cook, 94, is one of nine USS Arizona survivors still living. His plans for a day of liberty in Honolulu came to a halt just before 8:00 on Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.
- At Wyoming VA, No Veteran Dies Alone
- Since 2012, volunteers at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in Wyoming have been spending hours sitting at the bedside of dying Veterans, keeping them company as they near their final journey.
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.