Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Should we change the way we think about cancer?
- It's been 44 years since the U.S. government declared war on cancer. Is it time for a new weapon—namely, a "cluster bomb?" Dr. Batra is advocating an approach based on recognizing the diversity within individual tumors.
- Veterans Holiday Celebrations at WLA
- 4,000 Vets Enjoy a Holiday Celebration with plenty of food, appreciation and special entertainment performance by Jim Belushi and The Sacred Hearts Band.
- Flu Vaccines Now Available!
- Veterans and Staff can now receive their annual flu vaccination. Walk-ins available from 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday at all VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System facilities.
- Expanding Access to Healthcare for Santa Maria Vet
- The Santa Maria Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be expanding their clinic with a 3500-square-foot addition that is dedicated to caring for homeless Veterans in the Santa Maria area.
- VA Dental Insurance Program - VADIP
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have the opportunity to purchase dental insurance coverage at a reduced cost through Delta Dental and MetLife.
- Free BBQ and Concert
- Veterans, Military Members and Families are invited to a FREE Texas Style BBQ and concert featuring Sugar Ray on Nov. 9, at the Wadsworth Theatre at the West Los Angeles Medical Center.
- Construction Project Benefitting Homeless Veterans
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System officials recently toured the construction site of Building 209, a Therapeutic and Supportive Residence for Veterans. The renovation project reaches the 6-month mark on July 25.
- We have a New Look!
- We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome. Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- Veterans…Get the Healthcare You Deserve
- Get enrolled in VA Healthcare! Greater Los Angeles Veterans, take full advantage of the health care benefits you’ve earned. Charles Green, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Associate Chief of outreach can help you understand your health care entitlements.
- Groundbreaking Benefitting LA Homeless Veterans
- VA hosts groundbreaking ceremony at the West LA Medical Center for a project benefitting LA homeless Veterans on Jan. 25. Once renovation is complete, Building 209 will serve as a therapeutic and supportive residence for chronically homeless Veterans.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.
- Change Your Mind about Brain Injury
- VA's Polytrauma System of Care, a network of over 100 programs, provides world-class rehabilitation services for Veterans and helps them transition back to their homes and families.
- VA and DoD Meet for Patient Safety Awareness Week
- During Patient Safety Awareness Week, doctors, nurses and clinicians from VA and DoD will be 'United in Safety' as they discuss and analyze ways to make your hospital experience safer.
- You can have MS but MS does not have you
- You can have Multiple Sclerosis with limited mobility and still have passion for the causes that are meaningful to you. Read this story about Army Veteran Brian Pettyjohn who does just that.
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.