Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Flu Vaccines Now Available!
- Veterans and Staff can now receive their annual flu vaccination. Walk-ins available from 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday at all VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System facilities.
- Expanding Access to Healthcare for Santa Maria Vet
- The Santa Maria Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be expanding their clinic with a 3500-square-foot addition that is dedicated to caring for homeless Veterans in the Santa Maria area.
- VA Dental Insurance Program - VADIP
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have the opportunity to purchase dental insurance coverage at a reduced cost through Delta Dental and MetLife.
- Free BBQ and Concert
- Veterans, Military Members and Families are invited to a FREE Texas Style BBQ and concert featuring Sugar Ray on Nov. 9, at the Wadsworth Theatre at the West Los Angeles Medical Center.
- Construction Project Benefitting Homeless Veterans
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System officials recently toured the construction site of Building 209, a Therapeutic and Supportive Residence for Veterans. The renovation project reaches the 6-month mark on July 25.
- We have a New Look!
- We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome. Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- Veterans…Get the Healthcare You Deserve
- Get enrolled in VA Healthcare! Greater Los Angeles Veterans, take full advantage of the health care benefits you’ve earned. Charles Green, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Associate Chief of outreach can help you understand your health care entitlements.
- Groundbreaking Benefitting LA Homeless Veterans
- VA hosts groundbreaking ceremony at the West LA Medical Center for a project benefitting LA homeless Veterans on Jan. 25. Once renovation is complete, Building 209 will serve as a therapeutic and supportive residence for chronically homeless Veterans.
- Innovation in Treatment
- GLA is at the forefront of many mental health treatment innovations. One such innovation in treatment delivery is the integration of mental health into the primary care setting.
- Meet Christopher Sandles
- Christopher Sandles was appointed Assistant Director of GLA on February 26, 2012. As the newest member of the GLA executive team, he assumes responsibility for Human Resources, Environmental Management Service, Nutrition and Food Service, Safety/Emergency Management, Canteen, Prosthetics, and Policy/Correspondence.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.