Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Veterans Holiday Celebrations at WLA
- 4,000 Vets Enjoy a Holiday Celebration with plenty of food, appreciation and special entertainment performance by Jim Belushi and The Sacred Hearts Band.
- Flu Vaccines Now Available!
- Veterans and Staff can now receive their annual flu vaccination. Walk-ins available from 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday at all VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System facilities.
- Expanding Access to Healthcare for Santa Maria Vet
- The Santa Maria Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be expanding their clinic with a 3500-square-foot addition that is dedicated to caring for homeless Veterans in the Santa Maria area.
- VA Dental Insurance Program - VADIP
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have the opportunity to purchase dental insurance coverage at a reduced cost through Delta Dental and MetLife.
- Free BBQ and Concert
- Veterans, Military Members and Families are invited to a FREE Texas Style BBQ and concert featuring Sugar Ray on Nov. 9, at the Wadsworth Theatre at the West Los Angeles Medical Center.
- Construction Project Benefitting Homeless Veterans
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System officials recently toured the construction site of Building 209, a Therapeutic and Supportive Residence for Veterans. The renovation project reaches the 6-month mark on July 25.
- We have a New Look!
- We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome. Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- Veterans…Get the Healthcare You Deserve
- Get enrolled in VA Healthcare! Greater Los Angeles Veterans, take full advantage of the health care benefits you’ve earned. Charles Green, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Associate Chief of outreach can help you understand your health care entitlements.
- Groundbreaking Benefitting LA Homeless Veterans
- VA hosts groundbreaking ceremony at the West LA Medical Center for a project benefitting LA homeless Veterans on Jan. 25. Once renovation is complete, Building 209 will serve as a therapeutic and supportive residence for chronically homeless Veterans.
- Innovation in Treatment
- GLA is at the forefront of many mental health treatment innovations. One such innovation in treatment delivery is the integration of mental health into the primary care setting.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.