Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Expanding Access to Healthcare for Santa Maria Vet
- The Santa Maria Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be expanding their clinic with a 3500-square-foot addition that is dedicated to caring for homeless Veterans in the Santa Maria area.
- VA Dental Insurance Program - VADIP
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have the opportunity to purchase dental insurance coverage at a reduced cost through Delta Dental and MetLife.
- Free BBQ and Concert
- Veterans, Military Members and Families are invited to a FREE Texas Style BBQ and concert featuring Sugar Ray on Nov. 9, at the Wadsworth Theatre at the West Los Angeles Medical Center.
- Construction Project Benefitting Homeless Veterans
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System officials recently toured the construction site of Building 209, a Therapeutic and Supportive Residence for Veterans. The renovation project reaches the 6-month mark on July 25.
- We have a New Look!
- We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome. Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- Veterans…Get the Healthcare You Deserve
- Get enrolled in VA Healthcare! Greater Los Angeles Veterans, take full advantage of the health care benefits you’ve earned. Charles Green, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Associate Chief of outreach can help you understand your health care entitlements.
- Groundbreaking Benefitting LA Homeless Veterans
- VA hosts groundbreaking ceremony at the West LA Medical Center for a project benefitting LA homeless Veterans on Jan. 25. Once renovation is complete, Building 209 will serve as a therapeutic and supportive residence for chronically homeless Veterans.
- Innovation in Treatment
- GLA is at the forefront of many mental health treatment innovations. One such innovation in treatment delivery is the integration of mental health into the primary care setting.
- Meet Christopher Sandles
- Christopher Sandles was appointed Assistant Director of GLA on February 26, 2012. As the newest member of the GLA executive team, he assumes responsibility for Human Resources, Environmental Management Service, Nutrition and Food Service, Safety/Emergency Management, Canteen, Prosthetics, and Policy/Correspondence.
- Roasted Beets and Sautéed Beet Greens
- Guess who is Sharing a Recipe? LAACC’s David Damico, MPH, RD, CDE. "I often cook this dish for people who say they don't like vegetables, because beets are one of the sweetest vegetables there is. Beets are a good source of folate, Vitamin C, and Potassium and the greens offer fiber, Magnesium and Vitamin A."
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Reining in PTSD with Equestrian Therapy
- Veterans participating in the residential treatment program at the Bedford VA, in Massachusetts, are being given a chance to spend a day riding horses, or just walking through a quiet pasture.
- Be Disaster Aware and Take Action to Prepare
- Tornados? Floods? Hurricanes? Are you prepared if one of those hit your home? Take advantage of these check lists during National Preparedness Month. Get your family ready for all emergencies.
- National Golf Tournament for Blind Veterans
- Annual tournament an opportunity for legally blind and physically disabled Veterans to develop new skills and enhance their self-esteem. Therapeutic format promotes rehabilitation and fellowship.
- Support For Vets During Suicide Prevention Month
- Help spread the word about VA's mental health resources. We all have the power to take the first step to reach out and see how they're doing.
- Quick-Thinking VA Radiology Team Saves a Veteran's Life
- Four members of a VA radiology team at the VA Southern Oregon Rehab Center, White City, Ore., teamed up in early August to provide needed help to an elderly Veteran living alone in a remote rural area.
- Two Forms of ID Now Needed to Request VHIC Card
- VA has strengthened the ID requirements to request the new Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC). Enrolled Veterans now will need two forms of ID. See the acceptable ID documents in this story.
- Seeking New Coping Tools for Veterans with TBI
- Cognitive rehabilitation researchers are testing new tools and strategies — from smartphone apps to online brain training — to help Veterans cope with the effects of mild traumatic brain injury.
- "Family" of Patients Appreciate VA Doctor
- Veteran patients of VA doctor in Augusta, Georgia, tell why they “wouldn’t have any other doctor.” Dr. Jianhua Cheng replies that he just wants to do his best and praises the entire Augusta team.
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.