Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Expanding Access to Healthcare for Santa Maria Vet
- The Santa Maria Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be expanding their clinic with a 3500-square-foot addition that is dedicated to caring for homeless Veterans in the Santa Maria area.
- VA Dental Insurance Program - VADIP
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have the opportunity to purchase dental insurance coverage at a reduced cost through Delta Dental and MetLife.
- Free BBQ and Concert
- Veterans, Military Members and Families are invited to a FREE Texas Style BBQ and concert featuring Sugar Ray on Nov. 9, at the Wadsworth Theatre at the West Los Angeles Medical Center.
- Construction Project Benefitting Homeless Veterans
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System officials recently toured the construction site of Building 209, a Therapeutic and Supportive Residence for Veterans. The renovation project reaches the 6-month mark on July 25.
- We have a New Look!
- We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome. Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- Veterans…Get the Healthcare You Deserve
- Get enrolled in VA Healthcare! Greater Los Angeles Veterans, take full advantage of the health care benefits you’ve earned. Charles Green, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Associate Chief of outreach can help you understand your health care entitlements.
- Groundbreaking Benefitting LA Homeless Veterans
- VA hosts groundbreaking ceremony at the West LA Medical Center for a project benefitting LA homeless Veterans on Jan. 25. Once renovation is complete, Building 209 will serve as a therapeutic and supportive residence for chronically homeless Veterans.
- Innovation in Treatment
- GLA is at the forefront of many mental health treatment innovations. One such innovation in treatment delivery is the integration of mental health into the primary care setting.
- Meet Christopher Sandles
- Christopher Sandles was appointed Assistant Director of GLA on February 26, 2012. As the newest member of the GLA executive team, he assumes responsibility for Human Resources, Environmental Management Service, Nutrition and Food Service, Safety/Emergency Management, Canteen, Prosthetics, and Policy/Correspondence.
- Roasted Beets and Sautéed Beet Greens
- Guess who is Sharing a Recipe? LAACC’s David Damico, MPH, RD, CDE. "I often cook this dish for people who say they don't like vegetables, because beets are one of the sweetest vegetables there is. Beets are a good source of folate, Vitamin C, and Potassium and the greens offer fiber, Magnesium and Vitamin A."
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.