Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Flu Vaccines Now Available!
- Veterans and Staff can now receive their annual flu vaccination. Walk-ins available from 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday at all VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System facilities.
- Expanding Access to Healthcare for Santa Maria Vet
- The Santa Maria Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be expanding their clinic with a 3500-square-foot addition that is dedicated to caring for homeless Veterans in the Santa Maria area.
- VA Dental Insurance Program - VADIP
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have the opportunity to purchase dental insurance coverage at a reduced cost through Delta Dental and MetLife.
- Free BBQ and Concert
- Veterans, Military Members and Families are invited to a FREE Texas Style BBQ and concert featuring Sugar Ray on Nov. 9, at the Wadsworth Theatre at the West Los Angeles Medical Center.
- Construction Project Benefitting Homeless Veterans
- Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System officials recently toured the construction site of Building 209, a Therapeutic and Supportive Residence for Veterans. The renovation project reaches the 6-month mark on July 25.
- We have a New Look!
- We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome. Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- Veterans…Get the Healthcare You Deserve
- Get enrolled in VA Healthcare! Greater Los Angeles Veterans, take full advantage of the health care benefits you’ve earned. Charles Green, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System’s Associate Chief of outreach can help you understand your health care entitlements.
- Groundbreaking Benefitting LA Homeless Veterans
- VA hosts groundbreaking ceremony at the West LA Medical Center for a project benefitting LA homeless Veterans on Jan. 25. Once renovation is complete, Building 209 will serve as a therapeutic and supportive residence for chronically homeless Veterans.
- Innovation in Treatment
- GLA is at the forefront of many mental health treatment innovations. One such innovation in treatment delivery is the integration of mental health into the primary care setting.
- Meet Christopher Sandles
- Christopher Sandles was appointed Assistant Director of GLA on February 26, 2012. As the newest member of the GLA executive team, he assumes responsibility for Human Resources, Environmental Management Service, Nutrition and Food Service, Safety/Emergency Management, Canteen, Prosthetics, and Policy/Correspondence.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.
- Parades Planned Across America on Veterans Day
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Americans pause to honor and salute the men and women whose service and sacrifice made our freedom possible – an annual day of thanks from a grateful nation.
- Tabby Cat Makes Life Easier for Dying Veterans
- An orange tabby cat named Tom lives on the hospice unit of the Salem VA Medical Center in Virginia, providing comfort, amusement and companionship to dying Veterans and their family members.
- VA Offers Programs for Family Caregivers
- The job of caregiver is not easy. It can lead to frustration and burnout. That's why VA has developed two very helpful programs to make the task of caring for your loved one easier and healthier.
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.