VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following:
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend your medical records
- completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons
- The Release of Information Staff is expert in our patients' rights and their medical records.
The Release of Information Office is located at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center, Building 500, Room 0414. Their telephone number is (310)268-4119.
How to Request Information
To request a medical record, please one of the forms listed in the column to the right, complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it to the following address:
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center
Release of Information (00INR)
11301 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90073
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted.
Requests for records will take approximately 10-14 days to process.
There is no cost to send copies directly to another health care provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, photocopying fees may be assessed.