VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
Work Status for Employees
As of Thursday, August 19, 2021 9:06 AM PDT
Director statement regarding reporting for duty:
The following information updates our current operating status across all VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System locations:
When Visiting the Healthcare System
- Face coverings, covering nose and mouth, are required in all indoor locations for all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
- Individuals may wear face shields as an additional protection, but face coverings are required under the face shield.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet should be maintained throughout your visit to our healthcare system, except for direct clinical care.
- Plexiglass barriers are in place for everyone’s protection – please remember to remain behind the plexiglass barriers when communicating with staff.
- Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- In-person Veteran classes for healthcare needs - individuals will maintain 6 feet of distance and wear masks/facial coverings throughout the meeting.
- It is acceptable to drink (such as water or coffee) during the meeting; replace mask after drinking. No meals during meetings.
- No congregating before or after meetings.
- Meetings are currently limited to healthcare essential only. Community groups are not allowed at this time.
- There is limited indoor dining at the canteen areas. Eating is restricted to the canteen area and outdoors.
- No eating in clinic reception areas, lobbies, or in hallways.
- Drinking (such as water or coffee) is allowed; replace mask after drinking.
- Outdoor dining is encouraged for staff, Veterans, and visitors.
- Indoor dining is not available at our Sepulveda campus at this time.
- No smoking/vaping allowed – all VA property is smoke-free.
If you do not have a healthcare reason to be at our facilities, you will not be allowed to enter. Individuals who refuse to comply with safety protocols will be asked to leave.
Hospital and Community Living Center Visitation
- Visitation is allowed.
- All visitors must show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the visit, consistent with California Department of Public Health regulations.
- For a list of accepted forms of proof of vaccination, visit CDPH guidance for proof of vaccination.
- If you are not yet vaccinated, you are required to show proof of an authorized (not home-kit) negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the visit.
- We encourage all visitors to the hospital and CLC to wear hospital provided surgical masks. Please ask for one when you enter the building or check in at the nursing station.
- Hospital visitation is limited to 2 visitors per patient from 10am-8pm.
- CLC visitation is limited to 2 visitors per resident from 8am-4pm.
- Visitors are limited to individuals 12 years of age and older.
- We encourage everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated.
- COVID-19 vaccines are available at all our healthcare locations.
- Pfizer (2 doses) and Johnson & Johnson (1 dose) are available.
- Immunocompromised individuals who received 2 doses of Pfizer are eligible for a 3rd dose.
- Please contact (310) 268-4900 to schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine.
- Booster shots for fully vaccinated individuals will be available soon.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or flu like symptoms), please go to the COVID testing site at the location nearest you.
- On the West Los Angeles campus, there is a COVID testing location on the east side of the main hospital, near the Emergency Department.
Please remember that these policies are in place to keep our Veterans and staff safe. Visit us on Facebook or Twitter for updates. For more information on VA's response to COVID-19, please visit www.va.gov/coronavirus.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you!
During a VA-declared emergency:
VA Employees should return to this page for updates. For more information about this emergency, go to our main Emergency Information page.