VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
Work Status for Employees
As of Friday, March 20, 2020 11:23 AM PDT
Director statement regarding reporting for duty:
To VA Staff:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to align with the State of California’s Stay at Home orders, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System will no longer allow visitors to our healthcare facilities, effective Saturday, March 21, 2020. This action is being taken to ensure the safety of our patients and staff in this rapidly changing environment.
- No visitors will be allowed in our healthcare and residential facilities.
- Case by case compassionate exceptions to the Visitation Policy will be considered with the recommendation from the Attending Physician or Nurse Manager, and concurrence of the Chief of Staff.
- Veterans who have medical appointments will be allowed to enter our facilities after passing a brief screening.
- Veterans will only be allowed to have an escort, if the escort is critical to the care of the Veteran. The escort will be allowed to enter our care facilities after passing a brief screening.
- Vendors and delivery personnel will be allowed access to our care facilities, after passing a brief screening, if the delivery is required for patient care needs.
- Veterans or staff who do not have business at our care facilities will be asked to leave the premises. This is being done to increase social distancing in our healthcare system.
Thank you for your understanding.
During a VA-declared emergency:
VA Employees should return to this page for updates. For more information about this emergency, go to our main Emergency Information page.