VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
No Appointment or VA Referral is Required
If you’re eligible, simply go to an in-network retail pharmacy or urgent care location and present a valid, government-issued identification (e.g. Veterans Health ID Card, Department of Defense ID card, state-issued driver's license or ID card, etc.) to receive your flu shot. Eligible Veterans can receive a no-cost, standard-dose (quadrivalent) or high-dose flu shot.
Print the Flu Shot Information Flyer (or have it viewable on your mobile device) and take it with you to your in-network retail pharmacy or urgent care location.
Listed below are locations, times and days of the week where GLA Veteran Patients can get flu shots at our clinic sites and through our Community Care Network (CCN).
Recently updated items are highlighted below in blue
|Site||Flu Clinic Location||Time|
|WLA||Walk up: B500 Carport @ N Entrance||M-F, 8am-3pm|
|LAACC||Walk up||M-F, 7am-5:30pm|
|Sepulveda||Walk up||Tue, 9am-11am; 1pm-3pm|
|Bakersfield||Walk up||Tue, 9am-11am; 1:30pm-3pm|
|Santa Barbara||Walk up||Tue/Th, 11am-2pm|
|Santa Maria||Walk up and Drive-thru *Drive-thru will close Dec. 30*||Tue/Th, 10:30am-12:30pm|
|San Luis Obispo||Walk up and Drive-thru *Drive-thru will close Dec. 7*||W/F, 10:30am-12:30pm|
|Oxnard||Walk up||M-F, 9am-11am; 1pm-3pm|
|San Gabriel||Walk up||M-F, 9am-11am|
|East Los Angeles||Walk up and Drive-thru||Mon, 8am-4pm|
|Lancaster||Walk up||M-F, 1:30pm-3:30pm|
|Local Pharmacies — MUST BRING VA CARD|
On August 10, 2020, VHA released the updated Directive 1192.01: Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Program for VHA Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Health Care Personnel (HCP)
- Defined as any VA staff, trainees, or volunteers who, during the influenza season, work in VHA locations or who come into contact with VA patients or other HCP as part of their duties.
Summary of Directive 1192.01:
- All GLA HCP must be vaccinated for influenza unless exempted for medical or religious reasons.
- All GLA HCP must submit Appendix B of Directive 1192 (Healthcare Personnel Influenza Vaccination Form) to Employee Health no later than November 30, 2020.
All GLA HCP must submit proof of vaccination with Appendix B - this includes employees vaccinated at GLA and employees who are vaccinated as Veterans by their VA medical provider or at Walgreens.
Acceptable proof of vaccination includes a signed record of immunization from a health care provider or pharmacy, or a copy of medical records documenting immunization.
- HCP claiming a medical exemption must have Appendix B signed by their medical provider and by their supervisor prior to submission of the document.
- HCP claiming a religious exemption must have Appendix B signed by their supervisor prior to submission of the document.
- HCP who are not vaccinated for influenza must wear a face mask while in any VHA location, including both clinical and non-clinical areas.
Submitting documents to Employee Health:
- HCP are encouraged to make a copy of Appendix B and proof of vaccination prior to submitting to Employee Health. (We recommend using a smart phone to take a photograph of each document and saving it, just in case.)
- To submit documents, HCP may:
Fax to 310-481-2958 (number is included on the Appendix B and GLA Employee Flu form)
Scan or email documents to VHAWLAEmployeeInfluenzaTeam@va.gov
Request assistance from Supervisor or from VHAWLAEmployeeInfluenzaTeam@va.gov
*An online LEAF system to allow employees to upload their own documents to a secure portal is under development.
Locations for HCP vaccination:
Influenza vaccinations are now available at all GLA sites.
Employees working in clinical areas at any site may be vaccinated by Nursing staff in their area.
- West Los Angeles
Bldg 256 Employee Health Tent - Hours: 11am-1pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Bldg 500 Tent - Hours 8am-3:30pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Bldg 304 Drive through - Hours: 8am-3:30pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Drive through, North Lot - Hours: 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Employee Health, Bldg. 200 ground floor - POCs: Freddie Braden, Nurse Manager; Kerri Frasca, Acting Site Manager; Michael Harvey-PA
HCP should contact Site Manger/Nurse Manager for location of HCP vaccination.
LAACC - Wandee Khaossarch, Nurse Manager; Rachel Fitzmaurice, RN/Employee Health
Bakersfield - Rebecca Delatorre, Nurse Manager; Anne Seydel, Site Manager
Santa Maria - Julie Limone, Nurse Manager; Ed Hermasillo
Santa Barbara - Kay Elmerick, Nurse Manager
San Luis Obispo - Julie Limone, Nurse Manager; Ed Hermasillo
Lancaster - Kim Kittner, Nurse Manager
East Los Angeles - Dominga Valentino, COR
San Gabriel - Wandee Khaossarch, Nurse Manager
Oxnard - Lorrie Barry, Nurse Manager