VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
To Change or Cancel your Appointment please call
(877) 251-7295 (one number for all sites).
Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) App
As part of VA’s focus on ensuring that Veterans receive timely access to health care, VA Mobile has launched the new Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) App. Veterans looking to stay on top of their medical appointments while on the go have the option of accessing VAR from any device with an internet connection, including their smartphones, tablets or other mobile devices.
VAR allows Veterans to directly schedule or request primary care appointments and request mental health appointments at facilities where they already receive care. In addition, the app also gives Veterans the ability to:
- See appointment details
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about the requested appointments
- Get email confirmations about appointments
- Cancel most appointments, including all appointments made through the app
VAR was created to help Veterans stay organized and on top of their appointments without having to call their local VA facility and speak directly with a scheduler. The ability to submit a request at any time of day empowers Veterans to be active participants in their health. In the future, the functionality of VAR will be expanded to allow Veterans to request and schedule additional types of appointments, including optometry, audiology and more. Enhancements to VAR will be made incrementally, but the ultimate goal is to give Veterans a tool that will provide them increased control over scheduling for all of their appointments.
Through VAR, Veterans can clearly designate preferred times and dates for appointments at facilities where they have a Patient Aligned Care Team. Veterans can also track the status of their requests and view upcoming appointments, giving them more control over their own scheduling preferences. The VAR App is now available on the VA App Store at mobile.va.gov/app/veteran-appointment-request, where you will also find supplementary materials, including a Quick Start Guide, User Manual, FAQs & Slideshow
VA Mobile focuses on expanding care for Veterans beyond the traditional office visit. The initiative enhances medical care by providing increased access to VA health data for both Veterans and VA care teams, and giving them new ways to manage health care concerns and communicate between appointments. To learn more about VA Mobile and other available apps, visit mobile.va.gov.
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.